Facebook Jobs Shutting Down on February 2022
Today, Meta (former Facebook) announced the shutting down of Facebook Jobs from its products. The announcement came from the business help center page where Meta says "Facebook Jobs is making some product changes on 22 February 2022."
Facebook's 'Jobs' was a feature that allowed businesses to post job vacancies on their page, which were visible to anyone who visits the page, and also appeared on the news feeds of Facebook users who have 'liked' the page, easing the job finding process for the people. However, the feature is going away from February next year, hence, here's everything that you need to know about the new update.
What is going to change?
Here are the brief details about what will get changed after the shutting of Facebook Jobs.
- Existing Facebook Groups with a "Jobs" group type will be changed to the "General" group type and the "Jobs" group type will no longer be available.
- The ability to distribute free jobs via a partner integration with the Facebook Jobs API will no longer be available.
- Facebook Jobs will no longer be available on the Facebook Lite app or Facebook mobile website (m.facebook.com/jobs) for both employers and jobseekers.
- The Facebook Jobs browser will no longer be available.
What is not going to change?
- Employers in the United States and Canada can continue to use Facebook Jobs tools to create job postings from their Page for free on the Facebook app and Facebook desktop website. They can also boost their posts from Facebook ads features which will directly engage the users only from the United States and Canada.
- Employers in the United States and Canada will continue to be able to manage their job applications and view details about all their job posts (boosted and non-boosted) through the Inbox and Manage Jobs sections of their Page.
- Jobseekers in the United States and Canada can continue to apply to positions using Facebook Jobs product features such as clicking Apply now on the job post, which will bring them to the detail view and then to an application form.
What You Can Do Now? 😥
To download a copy of your Facebook data:
- Click ▼ in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
- In the left column, click Your Facebook information.
- Next to Download your information, click View.
- To add or remove categories of data from your request, click the boxes on the right-hand side of Facebook.
- Select other options, including:
- The format of your download request.
- The quality of photos, videos, and other media.
- A specific date range of information. If you don't select a date range, you'll request all the information for the categories you've selected.
- Click Create a file to confirm the download request.
To download a copy of the data that you requested:
- Go to the Available copies section of the Download your information tool.
- Click Download and enter your password.