Google Announced Android O - Download Now
The next and latest version of Android is Android O. As this is not the final name and what O stand for is still secret. Many users are guessing that O is for Oreo, but what it is actually for, we have to wait.
Most important thing is that Google have released the first developer version of Android O and you all can download it from its official site.
What's new on Android O?
Android O introduces a variety of new features and capabilities for users and developers.
1. Notification: Google have redesign the notification that provide an easier and more consistent way to manage notification behavior and settings.
2. Picture-in-Picture mode: Android O allows activities to launch in picture-in-picture (PIP) mode. PIP is a special type of multi-window mode mostly used for video playback. PIP mode is already available for Android TV; Android O makes the feature available on other Android devices.
3. Adaptive Icons: Android O introduces adaptive launcher icons. Adaptive icons support visual effects, and can display a variety of shapes across different device models.
4. Wifi Aware (NaN feature): Android O adds support for Wi-Fi Aware, which is based on the Neighbor Awareness Networking (NAN) specification. On devices with the appropriate Wi-Fi Aware hardware, apps and nearby devices can discover and communicate over Wi-Fi without an Internet access point.
5. Mult-display Support: Beginning with Android O, the platform offers enhanced support for multiple displays. If an activity supports multi-window mode and is running on a device with multiple displays, users can move the activity from one display to another.
6. Auto fill Framework: Account creation, login, and credit card transactions take time and are prone to errors. Users can easily get frustrated with apps that require these types of repetitive tasks.
Android O makes filling out forms, such as login and credit card forms, easier with the introduction of the Autofill Framework. Existing and new apps work with Autofill Framework after the user opts in to autofill.
There are lots of new and amazing features introduce with Android O, you get all the features with full details from feature page.
We want to mention that this is the first preview version of Android O hence will not be stable and may contain lots of bugs. So we recommend to use or test it after a backup of your data.
All the details related to flashing your device has been mentioned of the download page.