Now OpenAI has finally announced the subscription-based plan, ChatGPT Plus for $20 /month (1630 INR approx). Currently, ChatGPT Plus is only available to United States users and but the company did mention that they will make it available to other regions in the upcoming weeks.
With the release of ChatGPT Plus, the free version of ChatGPT will still be available to all users around the world.
ChatGPT is a powerful language model that has been trained on a vast corpus of text data from the internet. It is capable of generating human-like responses to a wide range of questions and tasks, such as answering trivia questions, generating creative writing, and even translating between languages. This makes it an incredibly useful tool for a variety of applications, including chatbots, language translation, and content creation.
Benefits of ChatGPT Plus subscription
As mentioned above the free version is still going to be available for all users, then also why users need to pay for the service is because the Plus subscribed users are going to get many benefits which are as follows -
- General access to ChatGPT, even during peak times
- Faster response times
- Priority access to new features and improvements
AI Text Detector
Along with the subscription-based plan, OpenAI also announced that they are working on a new tool that will have the capability to distinguish between text written by a human and text written by AIs. OpenAI named 'Classifier' to this AI text detection tool. Currently, the tool is available for all users but it is still in development.
Some of the limitations of the ChatGPT text detector are -
- The classifier is very unreliable on short texts (below 1,000 characters). Even longer texts are sometimes incorrectly labeled by the classifier.
- Sometimes the human-written text will be incorrectly but confidently labeled as AI-written by our classifier.
- We recommend using the classifier only for English text. It performs significantly worse in other languages and it is unreliable in code.
- Text that is very predictable cannot be reliably identified. For example, it is impossible to predict whether a list of the first 1,000 prime numbers was written by AI or humans because the correct answer is always the same.
- AI-written text can be edited to evade the classifier. Classifiers like ours can be updated and retrained based on successful attacks, but it is unclear whether detection has an advantage in the long term.
- Classifiers based on neural networks are known to be poorly calibrated outside of their training data. For inputs that are very different from the text in our training set, the classifier is sometimes extremely confident in a wrong prediction.
ChatGPT API waitlist
OpenAI also mentioned that are soon going to launch ChatGPT API and the company is actively exploring options for lower-cost plans, business plans, and data packs for more availability.
In the meantime, if you are interested in checking out ChatGPT API then you can fill out the ChatGPT API waitlist form.
Post a Comment