Many of the times if we are working on office and mistakenly we send the wrong email to wrong person or client, in that case this Gmail Undo Send feature will be very helpful, as it can also save your job, which gets in danger by sending wrong mail to wrong clients.
- First log into your Gmail account.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click the Settings icon (the one that looks like a gear).
- From the Settings menu, choose the option for Settings.
- Over Setting page, make sure General Tab is Selected.
- Now browse little below and look for option "Undo Send"
- On that check the radio button of "Enable Undo Send".
- Just beside it, you can also set the time period for the cancellation from the drop down list.. You can choose 5, 10, 20 or 30 seconds
- Now Scroll down the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes button to save it.
To test the feature -
- Click on Compose mail button at the upper left corner of your Gmail account page.
- Compose a message and then click the Send button.
- As you click on Send, at the top of your screen you will see a message - "Your message has been sent. Undo. View Message." [in Yellow color]
- To prevent the message from being sent, click the Undo link.
- Gmail stops the message from going out, and gives an option to make any changes and Re-Send it. If you don't want to resend, just close the compose box and your message gets saved into Draft folder.
As the feature is very easy and handy to use, this is another the best features that Google have introduced on Gmail.
Check Video To Enable Undo Send features.
Header image - TechnewsToday