As last year, Google CEO Sundar Pichai outlined a project that would bring free public Wi-Fi access to over 400 train stations across India, now this project is been live.
Where it is Launched?
Initially Google had started the free WiFi service from Mumbai (City that never sleep) and Mumbai Central station has become the first in the country to be equipped with the service.
This service also provided soon in Allahabad, Patna, Jaipur and Ranchi, and other stations will follow very shortly.
This service will reach 400 train stations throughout the entire project in India, with 100 set to be completed by the end of the year 2016. It will be one of the largest public Wi-Fi networks in the world.
Step to Use Free WiFi
Here is the step to use this free WiFi service.
- First scan for the WiFi network from your device, and select RailWire network.
- Open your browser and enter the URL railwire.co.in into the browser window.
- You will get a WiFi login screen, put your mobile number and click on Receive SMS.
- With a minute you will receive an OTP 4digit code. Enter that on browser WiFi login page, and click on Done.
- After that you will see a check mark on your screen, letting you that now you are Connected to free WiFi